We've added the ability for users to generate temporary guest passwords for their computers, allowing others who do not know the computer password to connect for remote access.
Guest passwords have the following features and benefits:
- No need to give someone else your actual password for the computer
- The guest password expires after a duration you decide on.
- You can limit access to only those who already have your computer available to them in their dualmon account, or you can generate an access URL for those who do not have access to your computer.
- Guest passwords can be restricted to "view only" permissions, to prevent remote control of your computer.
- You can disable an existing guest password at any time.
How to generate a guest password for your computer:
- While sitting at the computer you want to generate a guest password for, click the dualmon icon in your system tray.
- On the menu, select "Enable Guest Access". Older versions of our software may show "Get Remote Assistance" instead. This feature has been upgraded to the Guest Password functionality. Click "Get Remote Assistance" if you see that option on the menu.
- If not logged in, you will be prompted to log in to your dualmon account.
- Set the duration the password will be valid for, set the keyboard/mouse permissions, and select whether a user who normally does not have access to your computer in their dualmon account can connect.
- The guest password and instructions for you to provide to the guest user will be displayed.
Guest passwords are a commonly requested feature, and we're excited for everyone to try it out. The feature is included in all of our paid plans: PRO, Enterprise, and Remote Assist. If you don't yet have an account, you can create a free two-week trial for any of the plans by signing up on our home page.